Lauren has over 14 years’ experience providing advice and representation on a number of significant commercial litigation matters in both State and Federal Courts. She has worked with many of Australia’s leading companies in the retail and finance sectors, as well as with government bodies, providing strategic and commercial advice about dispute resolution.
Lauren has worked on a number of class actions including for companies in the financial services industry and the pharmaceutical industry. She has also advised some of Australia’s largest banks in relation to proceedings instituted by various regulatory bodies as well as in respect of various requests made by the Banking Royal Commission.
Lauren is admitted as a solicitor and a barrister in the Supreme Court of Victoria and each of the courts in the Federal jurisdiction.
Lauren’s expertise includes:
- Class actions
- Complex commercial proceedings
- Product liability and associated consumer law issues, including management of product recalls and risk management programs
- Regulatory investigations and prosecutions
- Compliance and policy related matters
- Disputes involving trustee liability insurance, group life insurance, financial product liability, access to trust information and breach of trust.
- Assisting corporate entities in defending financial services class actions, including the Timbercorp class action.
- Assisting various financial institutions in responding to information requests from the ATO, ASIC, AUSTRAC and the Royal Commission into Misconduct in Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services.
- Assisting various aged care providers in responding to information requests from the Aged Care Royal Commission.
- Acting in class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria in relation to allegations of negligence against the manufacturer of thalidomide drugs.
- Acting for an ASX listed power company in its defence of the Black Saturday bushfires.
- Advising clients in a range of matters involving supply terms and conditions, allegations of breach of contract, tortious liability and breach of duty of confidentiality.
- Conducting product recalls in relation to a broad variety of goods and acting in proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria concerning defective products in various industry sectors, including therapeutic goods, food & beverages and electrical products.