Kim is a commercially astute and highly accomplished commercial and corporate lawyer. She has worked in the corporate and commercial groups of some of Australia’s largest law firms and as in-house legal adviser and company officer for some of Australia’s leading listed financial institutions and investment banks.
She is a strategic adviser, well versed in the commercial drivers impacting businesses, who combines technical excellence with a multi-disciplinary approach to providing clients with first rate bespoke legal advice and advisory services. Kim assists businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to some of Australia’s largest private businesses and family offices, to achieve their corporate objectives in every stage of their life cycle, from start-up, through growth, up to exit.
Kim’s expertise includes:
- Companies, Trusts, Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Asset Protection
- Co-ownership Issues
- Structuring and Restructures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Raisings
- Commercial Contracts and Commercial Advice
- Business Growth and Expansion
- Business Exits and Liquidity Events;
- Company Secretary and Corporate Governance
- Corporations Law
- Succession Planning (Businesses and Individual)
- Wills and Estates and Intergenerational Wealth Transfer.
- Acting for billion dollar fund in relation to ongoing acquisitions of multi-million dollar financial services businesses throughout Australia.
- Legal adviser for multi-million dollar investments and divestments originated by Chase Corporate Advisory on the buy, sell and investor side.
- Advising on $60m business and land sale in the horticultural sector.
- Estate planning for $100m estate, $600m estate and Unisuper (one of Australia’s largest superfunds with over $65bn in net funds under management).
- Merger of $1.3bn and $1.7bn wholesale distributors of food such that they became the largest operator in the Australian market.
- Advised on refinance of $200m animal wholesale distribution business and in relation to corporate restructuring and the sale of one of the companies in the corporate group to Petbarn.
- Advised on $25m capital raising for global biotech company to fund a landmark testing product for the advanced detection of colon cancer and $20m capital raising for investment company.
- Private Advisory ,