Juanita is a corporate advisory practitioner with significant experience in all aspects of public and private mergers & acquisitions, takeovers, demergers and equity capital markets transactions. She also regularly assists clients with corporate governance issues such as compliance with the Corporations Act and the ASX Listing Rules, as well as advising on director’s duties, shareholder meetings and employee incentive plans.
Juanita is focussed on providing thoughtful commercial advice. Backed by her tenacious negotiating style, she works hard to achieve the best outcome for her clients.
Juanita’s clients include unlisted small proprietary companies through to large ASX listed companies.
Juanita’s experience includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raisings such as IPOs and secondary raisings
- Due diligence investigations
- Restructuring and joint ventures
- Corporate governance.
- Advising a non-big 4 bank on the disposal of a financing subsidiary to its joint venture partner.
- Advising various early stage life science companies on investments from the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland Fund.
- Advising the shareholders of Kilargo Pty Ltd on the sale of their building manufacture company to dormakaba.
- Advising the owners of Ritek Wall Systems on the sale of their business to James Hardie Systems.
- Advising the vendors of Profke Aged Care Group on the sale of its portfolio of four aged care facilities in Queensland and New South Wales to ASX listed aged care operator Japara Healthcare Limited.
- Advising on a joint venture with BP Australia and its related entities to establish new company Ocwen Energy to operate BP’s regional depot business.
- Recommended Individual, Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate/Governance Practice, Equity Capital Markets Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Corporate Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,