John specialises in advising international clients (Mainland China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia) on outbound investment particularly in relation to renewable energy, energy and resources, real estate, and manufacturing.
He advises on transaction structuring, M&A, joint venture (both incorporated and unincorporated), commercial contracts and corporate governance.
He is regarded as the ‘go to’ lawyer by his clients as he provides clients with correct, commercial and prompt legal service.
John’s clients include public listed corporates, private companies, Fortune Global 500 corporates, multinational firms and high net worth individuals.
John’s expertise includes:
- Corporate and commercial law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Property law
- Advising Beijing Jingneng Clean Energy in relation to their acquisition of the Biala Wind Farm in NSW
- Advising GCL in relation to their proposed acquisition of the Sunraysia Solar Farm (255 MW, the largest solar farm in Australia) by way of an auction sale
- Advising Goldwind and CECEP in relation to refinancing of the White Rock Wind Farm in NSW
- Advising Risen Energy in relation to project financing of the Merredin Solar Farm in Western Australia
- Advising a public listed corporate in China in relation to their proposed acquisition of a division of BGC, one of the top 10 largest privately-owned businesses in Australia
- Advising Poly Real Estate in relation to their acquisition of the development site of Bankstown RSL club in Sydney (almost $54 million)
- Advising Wonderland, a multinational baby goods manufacturer from Taiwan, in relation to their acquisition of a target in Australia
- Advising Country Garden Australia in relation to their 2 master planned acquisitions (nearly $600 million) in NSW
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- China Chamber of Commerce in Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Chinese Association for Renewable Energy
- Banking & Financial Institutions ,
- Energy, Mining & Resources ,
- Projects & Construction ,
- Property ,
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,