John has over 30 years’ experience working in the areas of Property and Commercial Law. Prior to his arrival at Mills Oakley, he was one of the founders of Mason Sier Turnbull and subsequently spent two years at Macpherson Kelly.
John’s main areas of expertise revolve around the buying and selling of businesses, joint ventures, internal succession and franchising.
He is increasingly involved in start-up businesses, advising on their feasibility as well as their legal and commercial requirements.
John has always had a strong relationship with Real Estate Agents, providing advice as to regulation and succession. He also acts for a number of Real Estate Agent Franchisors.
An Accredited Specialist in both Property Law and Business Law, John is one of only a handful of lawyers in the State to have received a dual accreditation from the Law Institute of Victoria.
John’s expertise includes:
- Real estate
- Commercial property, including subdivisions
- Business growth through mergers + acquisitions and joint ventures
- Corporate structures, shareholder agreements and disputes
- Family business structures and disputes
- Asset protection
- Advice to the real estate industry including structuring, licensing, commission recoveries, succession and buying and selling of businesses.
- Private Advisory ,