Jarrod is a real estate lawyer with extensive experience in all aspects of residential and commercial developments, commercial, industrial and retail sales and acquisitions, property due diligence, and commercial, industrial and retail leasing.
Jarrod’s development experience is deep, regularly acting for property developers through the entire life cycle of a development, starting with pre-acquisition due diligence and ending with completion of the off-the-plan sales.
Jarrod acts for institutional landlords, financial institutions, public companies and other major landlords and tenants, as well as private property owners and small businesses, in leasing transactions across Australia, many of which are of significant value, and involve complex arrangements.
Jarrod is outcome driven, and his clients value his efficiency and pragmatic approach.
Jarrod’s expertise includes:
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing, acting for both landlords and tenants
- Residential, commercial and mixed-use developments
- Vendor and purchaser due diligence
- Significant real estate acquisitions and disposals, including office buildings, development sites and property portfolios
- Call options
- Large-scale residential towers and broad-acre subdivisions
- Structuring and joint venture arrangements
- Development site acquisitions and sales
- Lease enforcement
- Owners corporations.
- Acting for Kirby HVAC&R in relation to the development and lease of its new warehouse and head office at Bankstown Airport, NSW, which will comprise approximately 22,179 square metres of lettable space.
- Acting for a major childcare operator in the purchase of a high profile development site in Buckhurst Street, South Melbourne, with a size of almost one hectare, as well as in connection with the purchase of several other significant development sites across Melbourne.
- Acting for GPT in the development and leasing of a Sporting Globe tenancy at Chirnside Park Shopping Centre.
- Acting in the sale and lease-back of National childcare centre portfolio.
- Acting for CBD Development Group on its Arden Gardens Development – a 300 plus lot mixed use development.
- Acting for Camlen in connection with the development and long-term leasing of a new six story office building in Ringwood, Victoria.
- Acting for a private investor in the purchaser of seven properties from different vendors, in Eaglemont, Victoria.
- Acting for ANZ Bank on its leasing portfolio.