James has over 20 years’ experience in complex commercial disputes in the Supreme and Federal Courts. He regularly acts in a range of matters for Australia’s leading businesses and individuals.
James has a proactive and energetic approach to dispute resolution and prides himself on providing advice that is strategic, practical and commercial.
James acts for corporations and individuals in the following areas of practice:
- Corporations, directors/shareholder disputes and advice
- Tax litigation
- Negligence and breach of obligations
- Trade practices, misrepresentation and misleading and deceptive conduct
- Contract interpretation, disputes and enforcement
- Corporate insolvency
- Representing individuals and corporations before ASIC in relation to examinations and/or production of documents
- Administrative law
- Intellectual property litigation and protection
- Employment and industrial law related disputes
- Strategic planning in dispute resolution
- Professional negligence claims
- Will disputes and matters in the VCAT Guardianship List
- Restraint of trade advice and disputes.