Graham is recognised as a determined, practical and strategic solution-based litigator. Clients value his technical skills and his ability to distil and communicate complex issues. They draw on his expertise gained from 10 years as in-house counsel for a major global FMCG company, including 2 years spent in the Middle East.
Graham’s expertise covers all aspects of commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution including arbitration, mediation and expert determination. He provides advice and representation on matters including shareholder disputes, directors’ duties, breaches of the Corporations Act, contract, distribution agreements, product liability, class actions, statutory interpretation, administrative law, corruption, telecommunications and IT disputes as well as complex disputes involving technical manufacturing issues. He is an expert on competition law and has acted in complex global cartel litigation and immunity applications.
Graham’s clients include LG Electronics, DNata, Zimmer Biomet, Hubbed Pty Limited, ABB Australia, IPCA ( a Subway franchisee procurement company).
Graham’s expertise includes:
- Appearing on behalf of clients in the Federal Court, the NSW Supreme and District Courts
- Domestic and international arbitration
- Appearing as an advocate in argued interlocutory matters
- Representing clients before ICAC and in tribunals including the NSW Local Government Pecuniary Interest Tribunal
- Compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act and associated state and territory laws
- Representing clients in ACCC investigations
- Applications to the ACCC for immunity from prosecution for cartel conduct
- Litigation commenced by the ACCC
- Drafting and implementing tailored trade practices compliance programs.
- Acting for a global software company in domestic litigation and international arbitration involving distributorship rights.
- Acting for Knorr Bremse Australia in mediation involving a state government authority and head supplier of rolling stock.
- Acting for Vodafone in litigation involving breaches of dealer agreements.
- Acting for Vodafone in litigation involving interpretation of the Telecommunications Act.
- Acting for a client in an ACCC investigation into cartel conduct pursuant to s 155 of the Competition and Consumer Act.
- Acting for Zimmer Biomet in product liability proceedings brought in the NSW Supreme Court.
- Acting for a parcel delivery solutions start-up in disputes over supply agreements.
- Acting for a global airline service provider in a dispute involving allegations of unjust enrichment.
- Recommended Lawyer, Competition & Trade, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.