Geeta has over 20 years experience in commercial, government, legal and governance environments, in both an Australian and international context. More specifically, Geeta has significant experience in providing strategic and pragmatic legal advice to the Commonwealth public sector over the past 13 years.
She is renowned for providing exceptional client service by investing time in understanding her client’s business and operating context. She has finely tuned listening, technical, and communication skills, and can successfully navigate and resolve complex legal issues, including in sensitive and resource constrained environments.
Geeta’s expertise includes:
- The provision of general legal and governance advice to the Commonwealth public sector;
- Significant legal experience in the structuring and management of complex, commercially focused grants and contracts between the Commonwealth public sector and the private sector;
- Regulatory compliance, including leading and establishing governance arrangements and new Commonwealth entities;
- Corporate advisory;
- Contract and Commercial Law;
- Project management, including the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Advising the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources as internal Senior Legal Counsel on the establishment of the Australian Radioactive Waste Agency, including providing strategic legal advice on the management of key government and indigenous stakeholders.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Current holder of an Unrestricted Private Practising Certificate (Australian Capital Territory)
- Member of the ACT Law Society
- Admitted as a legal practitioner in New South Wales (2002)