Frazer works in the areas of transport, trade and insurance, mostly for marine insurers, international logistics service providers and freight forwarders. He practises predominantly in transport-related matters and property claims, analysing and investigating complex factual and legal scenarios, identifying issues and solutions and assisting clients to implement solutions.
Frazer currently represents most of the marine insurers in Sydney as well as various insurers in the UK and Europe.
Frazer’s expertise includes:
- Insurance, particularly marine, aviation, property and liability
- Private international law
- Commercial disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Personal Property Securities (PPSA) issues.
- Representing marine cargo insurers following loss of 83 containers overboard from “YM Efficiency” – arranged on board investigation and security for claims.
- Representing owners of the MY “Dragon Pearl” following its arrest in relation to a cross-border insolvency dispute.
- Representing vessel insurers following sinking of MY “Fiji Siren” in Fiji.
- Successfully represented DHL Supply Chain in NSW Court of Appeal matter involving flooding damage to Sony TVs in a warehouse.
- Successfully represented a financier in NSW Court of Appeal against Freight Solutions for misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of warranty of authority.
- Representing Linfox and its liability insurers in relation to consignments of flu vaccinations suffering temperature abuse.
- Advising a UK- based charterer on a complex container demurrage dispute involving 110 isotanks used for bulk liquid shipments.
- Defending Viterra in an arbitration claim for stock losses and demurrage following a shiploader failure during the loading a vessel.
- Recommended Lawyer, Shipping & Maritime Law, Transportation Law, Insurance Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Leading Lawyer, Shipping, Chambers Asia-Pacific.
- Leading Lawyer, Transport, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Leading Lawyer, Admiralty, Shipping & Maritime Lawyer (Australia), Doyle’s Guide.
- Who’s Who Legal Transport Shipping Expert 2018.