Fadiya is a Partner in Sydney family law practice and is an accredited Family Law Specialist. Fadiya has practiced exclusively in family law for over a decade. In 2020, Fadiya was recognised by her peers in the Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Market as one of the leading Family & Divorce Lawyers in Sydney. She was also recognised in 2018 and 2019 as one of the Rising Stars in Family in New South Wales.
Fadiya practices in all areas of family law, including property settlements and financial matters, parenting issues, international relocation and Hague Convention proceedings, child support, spousal maintenance, de facto relationships and international aspects of family law matters across various jurisdictions. Fadiya specialises in high wealth property cases and matters involving legal and commercial complexity. Fadiya's expertise in complex financial matters includes acting for high net worth individuals, and cases where there are contested valuation issues and complex corporate and trust structures. Fadiya also has a keen interest in parenting matters, including cases with international elements and which involve cross jurisdictional and extra-territorial issues.
Fadiya is renowned for providing exceptional client service. She provides clear, direct and strategic advice to all her clients and ensures that they are well informed and empowered at every stage of their family law matter. She is compassionate, personable and driven to achieving the best outcomes for clients. Fadiya is an experienced advocate, having conducted interim and final hearings over many years in the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of New South Wales. Fadiya also has extensive experience in appellate matters, working with preeminent Junior and Senior Counsel in Australia, including litigating a high stakes cross-jurisdictional appeal in the High Court.
Fadiya also has extensive experience in resolving family law matters without the need for litigation. The wealth of her experience in alternative dispute resolution is complemented by her ongoing role as Director on the board of a national non-profit organisation, the focus of which is strengthening interpersonal relationships.
Fadiya’s expertise includes:
- Property and financial cases- including advising on high net-worth matters, complex corporate structures, trusts, family businesses and matters involving legal and commercial complexity
- Parenting matters
- Binding Financial Agreements
- International relocation
- De facto Relationships
- Child Support
- Spousal maintenance
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Partner of the Year Finalist , Family Law, Lawyers Weekly
- Family Law Accredited Specialist (accredited by the Law Society of New South Wales)
- Graduate of the Australian institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Board Director of Interrelate Limited
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales
- Recognised as one of the Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers in Sydney by Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Market
- Recognised as a Rising Star in Family Law in Doyle’s Guide
- Family Law ,