With approximately 15 years of specialist experience planning and environment law, David provides his clients with strategic and outcome-driven approaches to development projects.
He is well known for his strong litigation skills, and is recognised by his clients as being practical and commercial, which aids in achieving successful negotiated outcomes in a timely manner.
David‘s practice is pro-development and for that reason he is well sought out by developer clients including residential, commercial, retail, industrial, health and aged care. Many of the largest recent private developments in the Melbourne CBD and the surrounds have relied on David’s legal and industry knowledge to obtain planning approvals.
David’s expertise includes:
- Strategic and statutory planning
- Environment, including EPA, land contamination, flora, fauna and native vegetation
- Valuation, compulsory land acquisition and compensation
- Restrictive covenants
- Gaming and liquor licensing.
- Representing AZX Group on the development of a 48 level residential building on A’Beckett Street, Melbourne CBD.
- Representing Goodyear on the development of a $100 million residential development on Elizabeth Street, Melbourne CBD.
- Representing APN Property Group and The DEC Australia Company on the redevelopment of major mixed use sites in Fisherman’s Bend, with project costs of $100 million and $571 million respectively.
- Representing the Alfasi Group on an 11 storey office building on Church Street, Richmond with project costs of $70 million.
- Advising Epworth Healthcare and Generation Healthcare REIT (now Northwest Properties Management) on the staged redevelopment of the Epworth Freemasons Hospital site on Clarendon Street, East Melbourne, which included a $59 million state of the art cancer centre.
- Advising Ryman Healthcare on the development of various aged care sites in Wheelers Hill, Brandon Park, Coburg, Burwood and Mount Eliza.
- Recommended Lawyer, Town Planning & Development, Doyle’s Guide.
- Planning & Environment ,