Danny is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law practising in the workers compensation and work injury damages claims areas of insurance litigation.
He initially commenced his career acting for workers before moving into an internal Legal Counsel role with Suncorp (GIO).
Whilst at Suncorp, Danny advised on complex legal issues involving individual matters as well as advising the greater business. In addition, Danny offered training to the business which assisted the teams to implement a practical approach in claims management.
Danny then moved back into private practice working with Hunt & Hunt where he remained for five (5) years before arriving at Mills Oakley in 2020. He rapidly expanded the workers compensation department on the back of the results he obtained for his clients.
Given his varied experience, Danny understands workers compensation from all perspectives. Accordingly he is able to give the most helpful advice having regard to the legalities involved coupled with the practical realities often faced by defendants in approaching resolution.
Danny’s expertise includes:
- District Court/Court of Appeal: Having acted for the State of NSW in the matter of Sills v State of NSW  NSWDC 119 where the Defendant enjoyed a verdict in the District Court before the appellant took the matter upstairs to the Court of Appeal.
- High Profile: Acting in two (2) of the most high profile cases where resolutions were reached expeditiously so as to avoid any reputational damage whilst achieving sound results in those matters.
- Statutory matters:
- Weekly Payments.
- Medical Expenses.
- Lump Sum Compensation.
- Other matters.
- Psychiatric Injuries: Acting in various matters pertaining to psychological injury.
- Physical Injury: Acting in various matters pertaining to physical injury.
- Appeals: Successfully appealing and opposing appeals against Medical Assessment Certificates (MACs).
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- Approved Legal Service Provider
- Accredited Mediator (NMAS)