Daniel has deep experience in all aspects of both front end WHS system design, implementation and review combined with back end prosecution defence work for companies in Work Health and Safety and Crisis Management across all Australian jurisdictions. He advises some of Australia’s leading companies on all aspects of Work Health and Safety issues. Clients seek Daniel out for the rare combination of translating the Law into improved operational outcomes and the management of their risk profile.
Daniel brings with him expertise across a variety of high-risk industries – Energy, Mining, Port, Rail, Construction, Utilities and Healthcare. He is renowned for providing the clear and pragmatic connection between WHS Law and operational requirements. His sharp legal and strategic advice combines extremely well with his operational background in knowing how to successfully steer and resolve complex WHS and crisis management issues.
Daniel’s expertise includes:
- Board and executive teams WHS counsel, advice and coaching on WHS approach;
- Board, executive teams and individual WHS prosecution defence management against regulators
- Translating all WHS legal requirements in any jurisdiction into easily understood operational activities and related outcomes
- Complete Safety Management System design
- Material Risk and critical control program design and implementation
- Company and individual WHS Defence from prosecution notices from Worksafe Regulators
- Strong advocacy skills across related court and commission appearances in defending both individuals and companies across all WHS matters
- Company Emergency Preparedness planning and Emergency response with all matter of critical incidents and fatality management events
- ESG and GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) system design
- Expert independent Lead Investigator and facilitator
- Experienced AIIMS Implementor- Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System
- Major Hazard Facility determinations & Safety Case design & development
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Expert independent Lead ICAM Investigator and facilitator.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,