Damiano specialises in the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of commercial and residential property and major infrastructure transactions including road, rail, port and technology infrastructure and tenure structuring and land access for energy, resources and utility projects.
Damiano has been involved in a range of recent transactions including negotiating and advising on matters including some of Australia’s largest wind and solar and commercial office acquisition and disposal transactions.
Clients appreciate Damiano’s knowledge of their business which enables Damiano to deliver commercially relevant advice on time and on budget. Damiano has excellent technical legal skills which, in combination with his commerciality, make him a trusted adviser to clients.
Damiano’s expertise includes:
- Acquisition, disposal and leasing of major CBD commercial office buildings and industrial parks
- Advising project proponents and financiers on all aspects of energy, resources and utility projects with a recent focus on renewable energy projects
- Structuring, acquisition, leasing and disposal of mixed use retail, residential and hotel projects including the acquisition and sale of management rights
- Australia wide acquisitions of individual sites and portfolios of the real estate, business and intellectual property rights for Australia’s largest listed provider of self storage.
- Advising Centennial Property Group on its $106m sale of 108 Wickham Street in Fortitude Valley after assisting Centennial in repositioning the asset through major leases.
- Advising RATCH-Australia on all tenure aspects associated with Queensland’s largest ever (180MW) wind farm.
- Advising ESCO Pacific and Palisade Investment Partners on the $225m Ross River Solar Farm in Queensland which was at the time Australia’s largest solar project (148MW).
- Advising Epuron in relation to its solar farm projects at Clermont, Nevertire and Katherine including the sale of the Nevertire project (89MW) to Wirsol Energy Pty Ltd.
- Advising UMB Properties Pty Ltd on its two tower 522 apartment mixed residential and retail Elegance Project at Mermaid Beach in Queensland.
- Advising the Gladstone Ports Corporation on the development of Stage 1 (27mtpa – $4bn) of the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal at Gladstone in Queensland.
- Advising the Translational Research Institute on Australia’s first ‘bench to bed’ medical research facility.