Damian has deep experience and expertise in banking and finance. He has acted for major domestic and international banks, non-bank financiers and borrowers in Australia, Japan and the UK. He has in-house experience with two major Australian banks and has completed secondments with a major Australian bank and a government owned finance entity.
He has particular expertise in construction finance and syndicated loans. Amendments he suggested to the LMA (Loan Market Association) precedent documents were adopted by the LMA and subsequently incorporated in the APLMA (Asia Pacific Loan Market Association) precedents.
He provides exceptional practical and commercial client service based on an insight into the needs of clients from his time in-house.
Damian’s clients include banks, non-bank lenders and corporate entities.
Damian’s expertise includes:
- construction finance
- bilateral finance
- syndicated loans
- asset finance
- project finance
- oil and gas finance and
- Advising a non-bank lender on a mezzanine finance transaction
- Advising a construction finance broker on aspects of its online portal
- Advising a non-bank lender in relation to “white-label” arrangements
- Advising a developer in relation to a construction facility for social housing
- Advising on a share buyout by existing shareholders