Craig has practiced commercial disputes and insolvency law for his entire legal career and is proud to be one of the original partners of the Mills Oakley Perth office. Craig strives to understand client's objectives and tailor legal services to be symbiotic to those objectives using an innovative approach.
Drawing on nearly 25 years’ experience, Craig's practice focusses on dispute resolution, litigation, arbitration and other ADR services. He advises on risk minimisation both in contract negotiation and during performance of the contract. He also advises on the management of pre-litigation correspondence for ensuring strategic execution of litigation strategies.
Craig provides private sector corporates and sectors within governments with practical advice on risk issues across broad cross-section of transactions. From the stage a dispute arises Craig advises on all matters concerning the conduct of the dispute.
Craig regularly presents on litigation and corporate risk issues, focussing on understanding the mechanics of each factual matrix to deliver timely commercial outcomes.
Craig’s expertise includes:
- Large contractual disputes predominantly in the construction, mining and infrastructure industries
- Local and International Arbitration
- Construction Contracts Act adjudications
- Financial Services recoveries (regulated and unregulated)
- Corporations Act disputes and disputes involving shareholders/directors
- Misleading and/or deceptive conduct allegations/disputes
- Urgent injunctions and freezing orders for restraining damaging conduct or protecting assets
- Intellectual Property disputes
- Disputes involving strata companies, encroachments, boundaries and other property related matters
- Restraint of trade and services contracts disputes.
- Acting in a dispute concerning the fabrication and construction of the infrastructure to crush, process and load iron ore for a significant mining project;
- Multiple banking recovery actions (regulated and unregulated)
- Acting in arbitration proceedings between three large high-rise strata companies regarding registered easements and payment obligations
- Acting for a Bank in relation to an intrusive subpoena seeking sensitive market data
- Acting in a professional negligence action by a regulated fund against previous legal advisors
- Acting in relation to a contract dispute regarding the wet hire of multiple aircraft for international commercial operations
- Acting in a dispute regarding infrastructure installed at Optus Stadium
- Acting for the Administrators of Cooper & Oxley Builders
- Acting in proceedings seeking the expungement of a national trademark and related alleged passing off proceedings
- Acting in a major shareholder dispute for a founding director/shareholder of a company seeking to develop a significant iron ore reserve in Western Australia