Chris Lee is a specialist trade mark lawyer. He works with Australian clients representing a broad spectrum of industries, assisting those clients with trade mark clearance and availability searches, trade mark filing, prosecution, opposition and removal actions, as well as advising on infringement, misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off.
Chris is driven to secure protection for, and enforce and defend the valuable brands of clients in Australia and also in overseas markets.
He has achieved successful outcomes in both initiating and defending trade mark opposition proceedings on behalf of clients.
Also as a Notary Public, Chris provides notarial services such as certification of original documents, witness execution of assignments of intellectual property, powers of attorney, authorities and deeds, obtaining an Authentication or Apostille from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and legalization by the relevant Embassy or Consulate in Australia.
Chris’ expertise includes:
- Trade mark availability and clearance searches
- Trade mark filing strategy
- Trade mark ownership and protection
- Trade mark prosecution
- Trade mark opposition
- Trade mark removal actions
- Trade mark infringement advice
- Copyright advice
- Domain names
- Notarial services.
Professional Memberships/ Accreditations & Activities
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ).
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales.
- Intellectual Property ,