With over 10 years’ public sector experience, Chris is uniquely attuned to the needs of his government clients. Most recently, he was a Deputy General Counsel in the Department of Human Services, developing a particular passion for child support law and family law.
He brings a wealth of experience in advising Commonwealth Officers and Departments on merits and judicial review litigation, the development and implementation of government policy initiatives and sound decision making procedures.
Chris’ expertise in the highly sensitive and complex area of child support is well recognised, together with his ability to assist individuals dealing with the consequences of separation.
Chris regularly appears as solicitor advocate on behalf of the Commonwealth in appeals on a question of law to the Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court and merits review applications to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Chris’ expertise includes:
- Acting for government departments and agencies in judicial review and merits review applications in the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court and Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Advising government departments and agencies on the construction, interpretation and application of their portfolio legislation and providing legal opinions on a range of complex legal issues
- Appearing as Solicitor Advocate in the Federal Court, Family Court, Federal Circuit Court and Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Advising on the child support scheme including administrative assessments, applications for departure, binding agreements and enforcement
- Advising and acting on behalf of individuals dealing with the family law consequences of separation, including parenting and property matters.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recognised Lawyer, Family Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Government ,