Chris specialises in superannuation and financial services advice for a broad range of industry participants, including public offer and public sector superannuation funds, corporate funds, responsible entities, worker entitlement funds and their service providers.
Chris advises on all investment, regulatory, compliance, tax and contractual issues, including issues arising from disputes, regulator actions, royal commissions, superannuation product offerings, fund mergers, and outsourcing arrangements.
With over 25 years’ experience, Chris is known for his breadth and depth of knowledge, technical expertise, lateral thinking and strategic acumen which he draws on regularly to resolve client issues or assist them to achieve their goals. His extensive network and strong relationships throughout the industry complement his trusted adviser status.
He is also a regular speaker at seminars and the author of numerous articles published by professional journals on issues affecting superannuation.
Chris’s expertise includes:
- Fund establishment including establishment of new divisions within master trusts
- Fund transfers and mergers
- Advising, structuring and implementation of fund investments and transactions
- Disclosure and member communications
- Taxation including superannuation guarantee
- Fund documentation and governing rules
- Superannuation outsourcing including custody, administration and investment management
- Trustee compliance and governance
- Group insurance policies
- ATO, APRA and ASIC regulatory actions and Royal Commissions.
- Assisting with the development of an arrears collection pilot program involving redrafting privacy policies, development of arrears collection procedures and negotiating with key stakeholders.
- Establishment of small APRA fund product for an RSE Licensee.
- Establishment of insurance only divisions within retail master superannuation trusts.
- Drafting template outsourcing agreement for use by major superannuation fund administrator.
- Advising not-for-profit employers on their superannuation guarantee obligations in respect of defined benefit fund members.
- Advising and representing an employer in relation to dispute with state sector superannuation scheme over the calculation of employees’ defined benefits.
- Acting for defined benefit members in relation to a dispute with a self-insuring fund trustee on the manner in which their minimum requisite superannuation benefits are impacted by the amounts paid in respect of TPD claims.