Chris has over 17 years' experience advising lenders, sponsors and borrowers in the Australasian and UK markets. He has worked in private practice, as in-house counsel for Multiplex Limited and recently at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in the institutional loan markets division. This wealth of knowledge and experience allows Chris to advise and provide valuable insight to his clients when structuring and negotiating their deal.
Chris complements Mills Oakley’s debt finance expertise with his proficiency in structured corporate finance, real estate finance and derivatives. He has significant experience in the syndicated and loan markets after spending a considerable part of his career at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Chris advises lenders and borrowers in secured, unsecured, syndicated and club transactions.
Chris’ skill set, “pragmatic approach” and “thorough understanding of his client’s needs” sets him apart from other lawyers in his field.
Chris’ expertise includes:
- Structured corporate finance
- Real estate finance
- Infrastructure and renewables
- Acting for Bank of Queensland on various corporate finance and real estate finance deals.
- Acting for a bank in the provision of debt facilities to an off-shore fund for the acquisition of a shopping centre south west of Brisbane.
- Advising an E&C corporate on the refinance of their syndicated facilities.
- Advising a client on its corporate restructure and refinance of facilities.
- Advising a client on its corporate reconstruction and complex security position with regard to the PPSA.
- Banking & Finance ,