Bernadette has worked in family law for more than 25 years across Sydney and Canberra. She is a seasoned litigator in both the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court, and is a skilled and experienced negotiator in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution settings.
Bernadette has a reputation for providing bespoke and comprehensive advice that is also practical. Her proactive and robust approach ensures quick, cost effective and appropriate solutions for her clients.
Bernadette has been an Accredited Family Law Specialist since 2005, and is a nationally accredited Mediator, nationally accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, an Independent Children’s Lawyer (ICL), and a qualified Arbitrator.
Bernadette is member of the Family Law section of the Law Council of Australia, a regular participant at national and international family law conferences, and has served on the NSW Law Society specialist accreditation board.
Bernadette’s expertise includes:
- Parenting matters, including parental responsibility, living arrangements for children and time they spend with each parent
- Mediation and Alternative/Family Dispute Resolution processes
- International Family Law such as Family Law Watchlist applications and applications under the Hague Convention
- Divorce, including applying for and obtaining divorce in Australia, and advice with respect to child support and spousal maintenance matters
- Financial matters such as the division of assets following separation including complex trust structures, companies and businesses, bankruptcy and the splitting of superannuation entitlements
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Injunctions and personal protection orders.
- Family Law ,