Amy is a commercial litigation specialist accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria and an active member of the LIV Commercial Litigation Advisory Committee. Amy is also a public notary admitted by the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Amy has broad experience in general commercial litigation and particular expertise in corporate and personal insolvency.
Amy strives to provide thorough, timely, and cost-effective representation for clients with the goal of achieving commercial results.
Amy’s expertise includes:
- Corporations Act 2001
- Bankruptcy Act 1966
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009
- Property and trusts
- Contract and consumer law
- Franchise disputes
- Wills and estates litigation
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Acting for numerous insolvency practitioners and private clients in making and defending voidable transaction and insolvent trading claims.
- Obtaining Federal and State government approval to assist a liquidator of Aboriginal companies to distribute real property.
- Acting for company director/shareholder in obtaining leave to pursue co-director for breaches of duty.
- Advising manufacturer on protection and enforcement options under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
- Acting in a multi-party dispute involving the Estate Agents Act 1980 (VIC) and Australian Consumer Law.
- Acting in complex property disputes involving statutes and resulting and constructive trusts.
- Franchise disputes including breaches of the Franchising Code of Conduct and unconscionable conduct.
- Providing notarial certificates for use in multiple foreign jurisdictions.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist – Commercial Litigation.
- Public Notary – Victoria.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association – Professional Member.
- Law Institute of Victoria Commercial Litigation Advisory Committee.
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria.