Alex is a dual qualified intellectual property lawyer and patent attorney, with over a decade of experience in intellectual property procurement, litigation, portfolio management and commercialisation, including in relation to patents, trade marks and designs.
Alex is passionate about assisting clients to register, manage and enforce their intellectual property rights efficiently and effectively. He has a wealth of experience managing international trade mark and design portfolios for many high profile brands. Alex is also an adept litigator, with many years’ experience acting in complex patent litigation, trade mark and patent opposition proceedings.
Alex’ expertise includes:
- Drafting and prosecuting patents, trade marks and designs
- Intellectual property portfolio management
- Patent and trade mark oppositions
- Patent, trade mark, design and copyright litigation
- Confidential information litigation
- Patent and trade mark clearance searches.
- Managing international patent and trade mark portfolios for clients across various industries.
- Acting for an international chemical company in patent validity and infringement proceedings in Australia, as part of a global, long-running dispute.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company in patent validity and infringement proceedings.
- Acting for an Australian technology company in proceedings against former employees involving misuse of confidential information and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Rising Star, Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, 2019.
- Rising Star, Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, 2018.
- Intellectual Property ,