MOving Ahead June 2017
By Luke Hooper, Special Counsel
Welcome to the June edition of MOving Ahead! This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenge of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this edition…
- ASIC’s Supervisory Cost Recovery package of Bills have been passed and await Royal Assent;
- Regulations introducing a new set of design rules for lifetime superannuation income stream products have been registered;
- Further law giving effect to the Treasury Laws Amendment (Fair and Sustainable Superannuation) Act 2016 (Cth) have received Royal Assent;
- ASIC has provided or extended relief in respect of “urgent superannuation advice”, choice product dashboards and portfolio holdings disclosure, and employer sub-plan disclosure; and
- The ATO has updated the key superannuation rates and thresholds for the 2018 Financial Year.
To read the full publication, read here.
Contact Mills Oakley
If you would like further information, or have any queries regarding other matters, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.