MOving Ahead August 2017
By Luke Hooper, Special Counsel
Welcome to the August edition of MOving Ahead! This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenge of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this edition…
- Treasury releases the draft Legislation Amendment (Improving Accountability and Member Outcomes in Superannuation) Bill 2017 which provides significant changes for superannuation trustees;
- APRA details its expectations in respect of the draft legislation, strategic and business planning, and operational governance;
- Treasury releases draft legislation that proposes to amend the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992 (Cth) so that salary sacrifice does not reduce an employer’s superannuation guarantee obligations;
- legislation has been introduced into Parliament in order to increase the superannuation excess non-concessional contributions tax rate and Medicare Levy; and
- the ATO releases a draft Instrument in respect of the Transfer Balance Account Report.
To read the full publication, click here.
Contact Mills Oakley
If you would like further information, or have any queries regarding other matters, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.