Mergers & Acquisitions
Our specialised merger and acquisition lawyers have extensive experience and a proven track record in advising clients on public and private company mergers and acquisitions. Our experience includes share and business acquisitions and disposals, restructures, management buy-ins and buy-outs, leveraged buy-outs, takeovers, schemes of arrangements, joint ventures and public and private capital raisings.
Our corporate lawyers are recognised as experts in their fields and have worked at top tier firms and overseas, and understand that clients expect excellent service delivered on time and within their budgets.
Mills Oakley provides clients with a full range of services in respect of Merger & Acquisition transactions including:
- Sale and acquisition strategies and negotiations (both regulated and unregulated);
- Structuring and restructuring in preparation for sale;
- Asset and share sales for proprietary and public companies;
- Incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures;
- Partnerships and incorporated associations;
- Vendor and purchaser due diligence, including (where appropriate) the establishment and operation of data rooms;
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements;
- Memorandums of understanding, term sheets, letters of intent and heads of agreement;
- Shareholders agreements and joint venture agreements; and
- Advice and approvals under the Corporations Act, Foreign Acquisition and Takeovers Act, and the Trade Practices Act, and with Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, and the Takeovers Panel and other regulatory issues.
Mills Oakley’s Merger & Acquisition work includes:
- Advised CSBP Limited, a subsidiary of Wesfarmers Limited (ASX:WES), on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of the ultimate holding company of Australian Vinyls Corporation Pty Ltd;
- Advised Hastings Funds Management and the MBO team on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Natra Group Limited to Adrad Pty Ltd;
- Advised Beaconsfield Gold NL (ASX:BCD) on a number of recent capital raisings, including a partially underwritten renounceable rights issue, and its recent share placement to a cornerstone investor;
- Advised Brabus PA Franchising Pty Ltd on its acquisition of the Price Attack franchise network (of 130 stores) from Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX:API);
- Advised the management buyout team on the acquisition of Sigma Transit Systems Pty Ltd backed by ANZ Capital;
- Advised Hastings Funds Management on an investment in the acquisitions and aggregation of two scrap metal recycling businesses;
- Advised Sundowner Motor Inns Limited (ASX: SDR) on the takeover offer from Lend Lease Real Estate Partners 2; and
- Advised Panache Global Holdings Pty Ltd on the back door listing into Alpha Technologies Corporation Ltd (ASX:ASU) of its hand-dryer manufacturing and distribution businesses.