With the growth of the ageing population and the increase in the number of retirement villages and aged care facilities in Australia, the aged care and retirement village industry has seen a corresponding expansion.
With a commercial focus, Mills Oakley recognises that clients need tailored strategic advice on the legal and commercial dynamics of the aged care and retirement village industry.
Mills Oakley provides specialist advice on:
- Regulatory compliance including accreditation and certification;
- Acquisitions, mergers and divestments of retirement villages, aged care facilities and bed licences;
- Business structuring, and joint ventures;
- Taxation structuring including GST, CGT and stamp duty;
- Employment and workplace relations;
- Leasing, developments and property; and
- Corporate governance, including advice for ASX listed companies.